Sunday, November 27, 2016

Hi there! I understand that you worked on Kubo and the Two Strings and I had a question to ask: Who are Minae, Aiko, Miho, and Ken? I know that Mari is Hosato's daughter, but I'm not sure who these other people are, and they're listed on the movie's Wikipedia page under "Cast". If you know, would you mind responding with pictures of them? TYVM in advance ^w^!

See, that’s what’s really funny. I honestly don’t know. I think Cary voiced the big guy, but throughout production we had temp names for all of the background characters. So there’s Patient Dad and Young Daughter, and then someone thought it was a fun idea to name all the rest “R” names. So there was Randy (the big guy), Ruth (the older woman), Ryan (the boy), Rita (the slightly younger woman), Riyoku (a character who was cut), Ritoka (an even younger woman with Rita’s head core and Riyoku’s face), Rob (the drummer guy), and several others I’ve now forgotten because there were just too many R names to remember. And those are the real puppets; there are a bunch of CG background characters that may have gotten names; I have no idea. Kameyo was Beggar Woman until she got named. So I can tell you that Cary voiced Hashi, who we knew as Randy, but otherwise I haven’t the faintest idea, and I don’t think anyone else in puppets does either! Isn’t that silly?

I think Ken is the older guy that Kameyo pinches the backside of during Kubo’s story.

Along those same lines, we all refer to Mr. Gristle in the Boxtrolls as Mr. Crabs, because that was his name throughout until they decided they didn’t want to worry about anyone confusing him with another Mr. Crabs in fandom. Since the original Mr. Gristle had been cut, Crabs inherited the name.


via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2g8gmXf

No comments:

Post a Comment