Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Abominabababable.

The commercials I got to work on for Bing are out there and being shown on tv!  You can see all four of them HERE.

I showed up for an internship and instead got hired as the rigger.  My job included wrangling puppets, building rigs, tying things down, and various other MacGuyver-esque things.  Good times.  I also got to hang out with a couple of the animators who worked on Jingle, and it was a blast.  It was particularly awesome because I got to work with puppets based on the old Rankin & Bass Christmas specials that I'd seen as a kid.  The art department did a fantastic job on them; they look just like they should.

In other news, Jingle All the Way is out on DVD; you can get one at any hallmark store.  It's very cute and I had a blast working on it.  I snagged a copy today so I could see the behind the scenes bit (which has a couple of appearances by my good friend Teresa), and so I could have it for myself.  It's possible my hands make an entrance, but I didn't watch it real hard to make sure.  Woo!  It'll always be remembered as my first paid animation gig.  In fact, something I animated made it in!  Yay!  I've officially been paid to animate.  Let's hope it continues. :)

I'm finishing up my animation demo reel and have some snazzy cases for them... graduation is in 2.5 weeks and I'm both ready and dreading being done.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment