Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer...

So I was supposed to graduate this quarter, but I decided to take the term off.  This is in part because I did an animation test at a Portland studio... but haven't heard anything.  I figured if they needed me I'd have the time this way, considering I have to keep my hotel job.  Worst case, I get a break. It was funny; I was soooo nervous for the test for 24 hours before, but once I got in there and started animating, I felt all relaxed and mellow.

In the mean time, I'm filling my "spare" time with video game work.  This is sometimes successful, and other times not; for when the client hates what I do it just makes me cranky.  I end up in the "I suck" mode that all artists go through periodically.  It never lasts too long though, since I have a pretty good support system in place.  I'm working on a project I think is really cool though, and would like to play once it's finished, so that's a good thing too.

I've taken a few moments here and there to thumbnail my comic.  I'll publish it on the web somewhere... once I get some pages drawn and can keep some kind of schedule.  There's always a lot going on, it seems, but I don't think I'd have it any other way.  It seems that's the life of an animator... animate when you can, and work like crazy on everything else when you can't.  I seem to be happy most days though, so that's probably a good thing.  In my "me" time, I played a little Fallout: New Vegas, too... which I like, in spite of everything (bugs, the 'not as coolness' as its predecessor that people talk about, etc.).

And here I should get back to work.  Deadlines don't meet themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment