Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First paid animation gig!

So yeah. I started my first animation gig yesterday. My good friend Becky showed me around yesterday and I got my feet wet rather gently. Today, though, I was in charge of rigging all by myself. Woo! Whirlwind second day...

So far all the animators are awesome. Kate, the puppet hospital person reminds me so much of Nancy, the one in Burbank, it's uncanny. Also, Dick is like them too. The three of them are very fun to talk to once you show them how interested you are in what they're doing. They're very eager to teach and share things.

Everyone has been very approachable and helpful. Which is good because I haven't hit the ground running as fast as I wanted to. It's still going well though and I'm happy to be there. Luckily I don't have to work the hotel job tomorrow too. My first couple of days at the animation studio included three shifts at the hotel. Luckily my schedule will change now to accommodate this job.

Now to get a little sleep. Bluh. Perhaps I'll get a normal amount of food tomorrow. I've been eating very little, because I keep not having time and preferring to sleep when I get a chance instead. It's all been a challenge, but I'm still having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment