Thursday, March 13, 2014

Summer break?

So my last day at Laika is in two days. It feels very weird. I thought a year ago that this inevitable day would scare me and I dreaded it happening, but for now I’m ready I think. It’ll be a everything about this is awesome break. At least it’s not the couple years between Coraline and Paranorman. It should only be for about four months or so. Sometime before The Boxtrolls premiers in theaters.


Work on the next project has already started but my particular job won’t be needed for a bit, which means that I’ll get a little time off. Which I’m looking forward to since the last time I had what amounted to a summer break was… A very long time ago.


I plan to spend the first week napping and playing video games, but after that I’ll dive into my film in earnest. The script is being written and I’ll get to do some of the hard pre production work and some test animation and r&d during this break if all goes well.


So keep an eye here if you’re interested in seeing the process. I plan to document like crazy. I love almost all of the processes in making a film, so hopefully I can get the parts I don’t like out of the way while I have some serious time to devote.


I guess I picked the right profession if I want to do the same kinda of things I do at work when I get home. Either that or I’m just a crazy obsessive compulsive nut. But what’s an artist without a neurosis or two?




via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1nQMGsK

No comments:

Post a Comment